Here’s a simple fact: There’s too much bullshit out there. This page is a compilation of media that I don’t think is BS.
It doesn’t necessarily mean I agree with every iota of information contained, but I think reading these works will prevent you from being lead astray by BS.
The person most influential in my thinking was Jon Kabat-Zinn. Matthieu Ricard, John Gray, Alan Watts and others had important contributions.
- Breathing program – Andrew Weil – Stress Management
- Full Catastrophe Living – Kabat-Zinn – Stress Management/Self-improvement
- Guided Mindfulness Meditation – Kabat-Zinn – Stress Management
- Happiness: A Guide To Developing Life’s Most Important Skill – Matthieu Ricard
- Mindfulness for Beginners – Kabat-Zinn – Stress Management/Self-improvement
- Open focus – Les Fehmi – Stress Management
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind – Yuval Harari
- Straw Dogs – John Gray. He’s pessimistic, but eye opening.
- The Fourth Phase of Water
- The Way of Zen – Alan Watts
- Waking Up – Sam Harris
- Where You Go, There You Are – Kabat-Zinn – Stress Management/Self-improvement…. I went from being stressed 24/7, with panic attacks, to not having any stress/anxiety after adopting attitudes from the book.