If you didn’t realize by now, SelfHacked specializes in complex topics and we have many references per a post -sometimes over 100. It probably looks easier than it seems to get good original content out.
In order to release the best content, we are implementing a new system that will improve our process to increase the accuracy of the content. We haven’t been as rigorous in the past, but going forward we will be.
Before we release any post to the front page, we are going to put it through our own internal review process. We are working some stealth published posts that aren’t up to our standards.
First, how we pick our writers….
- Our writers must have a science background.
- We put all of our writers through cognitive tests that ensure they can read and rationalize effectively with complex content.
- We then give them some sample posts and see how they do. If they reference something that doesn’t match the study they are citing, we boot them as a writer.
Once they write the article it goes through our internal peer review process:
- 2 biohackers read through it and make edits/corrections
- First scientist (PhD) reads through it and makes edits/corrections
- Second scientist (PhD) reads through it and makes edits/corrections
- And then Joe reads through it and makes edits/corrections
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?