I’m happy to announce that SelfDecode has launched! This has been my pet project for a bit and now it’s finally ready to get released into the wild.
So far, everyone who has used the program has told me that it is the best genetic analyzer around.
The cost to access is only $59, which is significantly cheaper than all of our competitors (who have inferior software and information).
If you don’t have your genes tested, I suggest you get your genes sequenced and then upload the results to SelfDecode.
If you want to make $10 per a referral to SelfDecode, then use this link and simply replace the brackets with your unique name or even pseudonym (just needs to be unique):
We are able to track how many people purchase through that link with the name you put there. You are also helping to sustain the project.
Everything I make from any of the businesses I have (SelfHacked, SelfDecode, SelfHacked Store), I reinvest it and I plan on doing that for the forseeable future.
What is SelfDecode?
SelfDecode is a biotech company that helps people understand their genetics to optimize their health.
SelfDecode currently only uses genetics to understand people’s physiology in order to optimize health.
Why Did I Decide to Cofound SelfDecode
When I sequenced my genetics, I started looking for a program to upload my data to and analyze it.
All of them were horrible.
Some companies didn’t provide any information and it was useless (just a pdf – MTHFR support, Genetic Genie).
Other companies didn’t cite the information they did provide, and much of it was just false (Yasko, Nutrahacker).
If a company provided information with citations, it was even more difficult to understand than me reading directly from the scientific literature (Livewello).
Promethease wasn’t very helpful, but it wasn’t bad either. For $5, it was the only worthwhile purchase.
Other companies are coming online, but they all charge a lot (close to $100) to only look at less than 100 SNPs.
SelfDecode can analyze ~8700 SNPs in total.
Which Companies Can You Upload a File From?
SelfDecode works with:
- Family Tree
If you have another company that you’d like us to support (such as family tree DNA), send us an email at [email protected]
What is the Future of SelfDecode
We are building features at a very fast rate and releasing a ton of content.
SelfDecode plans to use blood tests, symptoms, the microbiome and other health data to predict beneficial outcomes for drugs, supplements, lifestyle and dietary changes in order to optimize health.
In the future, we plan on using machine learning with the data in order to optimize health and prevent disease.
As time goes on, SelfDecode and SelfHacked will work closely together in symbiosis.
If You Signed Up For Decodify.Me
Because we migrated, you have to sign up again and reupload your file in order to access the site. This means that you have to sign up as if you never used the site.
Many people who used decodify.me will make the mistake that they need to reset their password. This won’t work, since you need to sign up again as if you never visited the site. If you use the same email that you previously used for decodify, we will have it on file and you won’t pay for the upload. When signing up, you will type in your email and any password which you choose.
The thinking was that it would be less steps to get on the new site. You just type in your email and any password and you’re in (you can upload your file without paying.)
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as Ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?