Cissus Quadrangularis a native to India has been used for ages in Ayurvedic medicine to heal broken bones injured ligaments and tendons. Experimental studies have shown that it regulates hormones, helps weight control and also improves blood health. I have compiled all of my research of the healthiest substances on Earth and how they have personally helped me in my book, SelfHacked Secrets.
- Health Benefits of Cissus Quadrangularis
- Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
Cissus Quadrangularis, a member of the grape family, is a herb used for medicinal purposes in India and South Asia. It has been used for traditional medicine in Ayurvedic culture to heal broken bones and damaged joints and tendons. C. quadrangularis has also been used to treat female disorders, such as menopause. It can be taken as a supplement in capsule form.
Health Benefits of Cissus Quadrangularis
1) Cissus Quadrangularis Helps with Bones and the Skeletal System
Alcohol extract has anabolic and bone formation properties (R).
Quadrangularis in human patients helped reduce pain and swelling in jaw fracture injuries (R).
In rats treated with C. quadrangularis, cartilage formation was improved compared to untreated rats (R).
In diabetic pregnant rats, those given C. quadrangularis supplements had improved fetal skeletal formation, where diabetes typically harms fetal skeletal development (R).
In diabetic rats, petroleum-ether-fraction C. quadrangularis improved bone health in high glucose conditions, which improved bone growth (R).
In patients with fractures, patients given C. quadrangularis supplements had improved healing compared to those not given the supplement (R).
In healthy men, C. quadrangularis supplements helped reduce joint pain (R).
In mice, C. quadrangularis helped to prevent bone loss (R).
In rats, C. quadrangularis helped increase bone thickness, which helps prevent osteoporosis (R).
2) Cissus Quadrangularis Regulates Hormones and Helps with Weight Control
Quadrangularis stem extract had anti-diabetic activity in rats (R).
In diabetic rats, C. quadrangularis stem extract regulated carbohydrate metabolic enzymes, which contribute to blood glucose levels (R).
Quadrangularis prevents the repression of steroidogenesis, which prevents male infertility (R).
In patients given C. quadrangularis, blood glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides, and weight was reduced (R).
3) Cissus Quadrangularis Benefits the Gastrointestinal Tract
In rats with induced ulcers, C. quadrangularis decreases gastric secretions and increases gastric mucin content and glycoprotein levels (R).
In rats with aspirin-induced ulcers, C. quadrangularis extract reduced the ulcer size and restored the protective mucus layer (R).
In rats given C. quadrangularis, aspirin did not significantly affect the gastric mucosa in the ulcers of rats (R).
Quadrangularis promotes ulcer healing by promoting cellular reproduction (R).
4) Cissus Quadrangularis Improves Blood Health
In humans, the methanol extract of C. quadrangularis lowered aspartate transaminase, alanine transaminase, alkaline phosphatase, and bilirubin levels. High levels of these are toxic to the blood, lowering these levels show blood-protective properties (R).
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?