C60 is still relatively new, but the studies on it showed results so profound that people think they are fraudulent. The process of peer-review is ongoing, although C60 Oil has dramatically increased the life spans of rats by 90%.
I’ll outline all the current interesting scientific findings on C60 Oil below.
Looking for a crash course to get you started biohacking your way to a better life? Check out our Free 6-part eCourse for reducing stress, anxiety, inflammation, and getting better sleep.
- 9 Health Benefits Of C60
- C60 Risks
- Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
Buckminsterfullerene, buckyballs, or C60 is a powerful antioxidant that has effects on unsaturated fats [R].
C60 removes superoxide, which is a toxic by-product of cellular metabolism that contributes to tissue injury in many human diseases [R].
A review of scientific research has shown that C60 has longevity and antioxidant effects given its scavenging capacity for reactive oxygen species [R].
Some think that by absorbing nearby acid, C60 is then attracted to the mitochondria and carries the protons superoxide acceptors to prevent the very source of damage from the electron transport chain
The proposed mechanism indicates that C60 has the ability to acquire positive charge by absorbing protons (positively charged hydrogen atoms) and this complex could enter the mitochondria, leading to a decrease in reactive oxygen species production [R].
Computer simulations have shown that C60 has the ability the pass through lipid membranes, enter the cell, and alter its functions [R].
Some C60 derivatives that are produced in the body are water soluble and apparently non-toxic below concentrations of 1 mg/mL [R].
9 Health Benefits Of C60
1) C60 Improves Longevity
The above studies use a derivative of C60 while using actual C60 in olive oil can get 90% increase in lifespan for rats (using a dose of 1.7 mg/kg of body weight twice a month) [R].
2) C60 Protects Against Free Radicals
Free radicals can react with almost any molecule in your body and potentially damage it before leaving the molecule and going to the next one. An antioxidant like C60 (carboxyl) prevents age-related decline in mice [R, R].
Carboxy C60 is significantly better than ubiquinone, preventing fat peroxidation and iron-induced oxidation in cells [R].
Also, malonyl-C60 inhibits nitric oxide synthase, a creator of nitric oxide which is a free radical in test-tubes [R].
3) C60 Prevents Inflammation
By inhibiting IL-1, matrix metalloproteinases, and TNF-alpha, hydroxyl-C60 prevents inflammation in mice [R].
4) C60 Kills Viruses
When the right kind of photons work with hydroxy C60 it can deactivate mosquito viruses [R].
5) C60 Protects Nerves
Nerves can die from being fired too often and worked too hard. Hydroxyl C60 protects nerves from dying due to overwork in cell cultures [R].
6) C60 Prevents Osteoarthritis
Further, water-soluble C60 prevents stress-induced damage and the breakdown of bones. It also prevents loss of bone cells and prevents bone inflammation in rabbits [R].
7) C60 Improves Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome
The C60 in squalene (shark oil) is a powerful antioxidant and can prevent fat cells from growing in size. It also prevents cells from increasing in number and prevent insulin resistance in cells [R].
8) C60 Kills Bacteria
Also, malonyl C60 killed and helped white blood cells to kill Group A Streptococcus (strep throat, skin infections, toxic shock syndrome) [R].
9) C60 Prevents UV Damage
Perfect for incorporating into a skin lotion, C60 Oil stops sunburn in models of human skin [R].
C60 is also able to decrease Th2 and Th17 Dominance, a major contributing factor to many chronic illnesses and autoimmune disorders. Check out SelfHacked Secrets to learn more about your immune dominance and find the proven advice you need to live a better, healthier life.
When scientists gave rats much more than we would ever recommend, there were no changes in body fat, protein, sugar, and many other normal molecules [R].
There are stories going around about C60 oil causing DNA damage, but the only study I found on this mentions that corn oil itself was worse than the C60 inside it. C60 Oil only changed the DNA expression of the lungs and liver [R].
Sister chromatid exchange and micronucleation occur more often from C60 – this can be a source of DNA mutation [R].
Even though a study on injecting live mice brains with carboxy fullerene suggested it could be useful in preventing stroke, 20% of the mice that were injected with too much died [R]. Also, the mice that didn’t have it injected directly into their brain didn’t receive benefits.
- C60 Oil is best dissolved in oil with a centrifuge. Pure C60 and high doses of dissolved C60 can be toxic. [R].
I’ve spent years helping clients finally overcome their chronic illnesses and disorders and get back to living the life they deserve. I compiled what I learned over the years into my book, SelfHacked Secrets as a resource so anyone battling illnesses can find a way out. As a thank you to my readers, for a limited time I’m giving away a free preview of SelfHacked Secrets so everyone can see the difference it can make in their lives. Click Here to download your free preview today.
Got a question for Joe? Consider joining SelfHackedVIP. You’ll get premium, members-only content, plus the chance to chat more personally with Joe during exclusive webinars.
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?