L. crispatus is a great probiotic for female urogenital health.
- Health Benefits of L. crispatus
- Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
Lactobacilli inhabiting the human vagina are the first line of defense in the female urogenital and reproductive tracts. Lactobacillus crispatus is prevalent in the healthy cervicovaginal microbiota, where it produces lactic acid, a potent broad spectrum bactericide and virucide, and acts as an immunomodulatory agent (R).
Health Benefits of L. crispatus
1) L. crispatus Promotes Female Urogenital Health
L. crispatus maintains normal vaginal microbiota and protects the genitourinary tract against pathological conditions (R).
L. crispatus reduces recurrent urinary tract infections in premenopausal women (R).
L. crispatus inhibits E. coli activity (R).
Cervicovaginal mucus with high L. crispatus concentrations can trap the HIV virus (R).
2) L. crispatus May Alleviate Allergies
3) L. crispatus has Differential Effects on the GI Tract
4) L. crispatus May Have Anti-Cancer Properties
- L. crispatus increases (R,R) and decreases IL-6 (R).
- L. crispatus decreases IL-8 (R,R,R) and IL-4 (R).
- L. crispatus increases IL-10 (R,R) and IL-12p70 (R).
- L. crispatus decreases TNF-α (R).
- L. crispatus induces NF-κB activation (R).
- L. crispatus increases IgA (R) and decreases IgE (R).
- L. crispatus increases CD4(+) CD25(+) FOXP3(+) Treg cells (R).
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?