L. gasseri is a probiotic that recently gained in popularity, due to its weight-reducing, obesity and metabolic syndrome-combating properties. This amazing probiotic boosts your immunity, helps with allergies, and has many other beneficial properties. To enhance your health even more we recommend trying out our Lectin Avoidance Diet Cookbook as well. It makes avoiding inflammation causing lectins easier than ever.
- Health Benefits of L. gasseri
- 1) L. gasseri Lowers Cholesterol
- 2) L. gasseri Helps You Lose Weight
- 3) L. gasseri Combats Obesity
- 4) L. gasseri May Lower Glucose and Improve Glucose Tolerance
- 5) L. gasseri May be Beneficial in Diabetes
- 6) L. gasseri May Improve Metabolic Syndrome
- 7) L. gasseri Boosts Immunity
- 8) L. gasseri May Reduce Inflammation
- 9) L. gasseri is Beneficial for the GI Tract
- 10) L. gasseri Combats H. pylori
- 11) L. gasseri Combats Candida
- 12) L. gasseri Prevents Allergies
- 13) L. gasseri May Alleviate Asthma
- 14) L. gasseri Combats Fatigue
- 15) L. gasseri is Beneficial in Endometriosis
- 16) L. gasseri Degrades Oxalate
- Buy L. gasseri
- Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
Lactobacillus gasseri is a lactic acid bacteria that elicits various health benefits through its antimicrobial activity, bacteriocin production, and immunomodulation of the innate and adaptive systems (R).
Health Benefits of L. gasseri
1) L. gasseri Lowers Cholesterol
A synbiotic product containing L. gasseri and inulin reduced total blood cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol and triglycerides in hypercholesterolemic men and women (R).
2) L. gasseri Helps You Lose Weight
L. gasseri significantly decreased BMI, abdominal visceral fat, waist and hip circumferences, and body fat mass in healthy Japanese adults. However, constant consumption of this probiotic may be required to maintain this effect (R).
L. gasseri prevents weight gain in obese mice (R).
3) L. gasseri Combats Obesity
L. gasseri inhibits dietary fat absorption in rats (R).
Heat-killed L. gasseri stimulates respiratory immune responses of obese host animals to enhance their natural defense against respiratory infection (R).
4) L. gasseri May Lower Glucose and Improve Glucose Tolerance
L. gasseri increases energy expenditure and reduces blood glucose, improves glucose tolerance and attenuates inflammation in rats (R).
5) L. gasseri May be Beneficial in Diabetes
L, gasseri decreases blood glucose and improves glucose sensitivity in type 2 diabetic mice (R).
6) L. gasseri May Improve Metabolic Syndrome
7) L. gasseri Boosts Immunity
L. gasseri exhibits anti-herpes virus (HSV-2) activity (R).
8) L. gasseri May Reduce Inflammation
L. gasseri prevents high-fat-diet-induced inflammation, and lowers the ratio of inflammatory-type macrophages to anti-inflammatory ones in fat tissue of mice (R).
9) L. gasseri is Beneficial for the GI Tract
Heat-killed L. gasseri accelerates the resolution of symptoms and reduces mortality of enteropathogenic E. coli -infected mice (R).
L. gasseri May Ameliorate Diarrhea
L. gasseri increases IgA levels in breast milk and reduces the incidence of diarrhea in mouse pups with rotavirus infection (R).
L. gasseri May Heal Ulcers
10) L. gasseri Combats H. pylori
L. gasseri suppressed H. pylori and reduced gastric mucosal inflammation in infected patients (R).
A 4-week treatment with L. gasseri -containing yogurt improves the efficacy of triple therapy in patients with H. pylori infection (R).
L. gasseri yogurt suppresses dyspeptic symptoms in H. pylori -infected patients (R).
11) L. gasseri Combats Candida
L. gasseri yogurt prevents proliferative and inflammatory changes in the stomach caused by C. albicans in mucosal candidiasis in rats (R).
12) L. gasseri Prevents Allergies
Heat-killed L. gasseri improved nasal symptoms and pollen-specific IgE levels in subjects with Japanese cedar pollinosis (R).
13) L. gasseri May Alleviate Asthma
14) L. gasseri Combats Fatigue
15) L. gasseri is Beneficial in Endometriosis
L. gasseri improves menstrual pain and dysmenorrhea in patients with endometriosis (R).
L. gasseri inhibits the growth of endometrial tissue in the abdominal cavity in mice and rats (R).
16) L. gasseri Degrades Oxalate
L. gasseri degrades oxalate in laboratory experiments and may be beneficial in managing oxalate kidney stone disease (R).
- L. gasseri increases IgA in infections (R), increases the IgG2a/IgG1 ratio (R), and decreases IgE in allergies (R).
- L. gasseri increases TLR2 (R) and BAFF (R).
- L. gasseri increases TGF-β (R), and TNF-α (R,R,R,R) (a study where TNF-α is decreased: R).
- L. gasseri increases IL-1β (R) and IL-2 (R,R) in infections, but decreases the rate of proliferation and IL-2 production by CD4+ T in allergy (R).
- L. gasseri mostly increases IL-6 (R,R,R) (a study where it is decreased: R).
- L. gasseri decreases IL-8 (R) and IL-17A (R).
- L. gasseri increases IL-10 (R,R,R,R), IL-12 (R,R,R,R), IL-15 and IL-21 (R).
- L. gasseri increases IFN-γ (R), and IFNAR (R).
- L. gasseri increases perforin 1 (R).
- L. gasseri increases intracellular glutathione (R), and GLUT4 (R).
- L. gasseri decreases CCL2, CCR2, Lep, Nos2 (R), sICAM-1 (R), ACC1, FAS and SREBP1 (R,R).
- L. gasseri increases high-molecular weight adiponectin (R).
- L. gasseri increases ACO, CPT1, PPARα, PPARδ (R).
- L. gasseri increases Mx1 and Oas1a genes, critical for the viral clearance (R).
- L. gasseri decreases CSF2 (R).
- L. gasseri decreases serum amyloid P component (R).
- L. gasseri increases PGE2 (R).
- L. gasseri increases Th1 cells in allergies (R).
- L. gasseri increases CD8(+) T cells, maintains CD8(+)CD28(+) T cells and lymphocyte transformation (R).
- L. gasseri inhibits the proliferation of CD4+ T cells and associated inflammatory responses (R).
Probiotics are generally considered safe. However, the use of probiotics should be avoided in patients with organ failure, immunocompromised status, and dysfunctional gut barrier mechanisms.
Buy L. gasseri
This probiotic product contains L. gasseri :
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?