Ostarine is a supplement that is mostly used to help increase muscle mass and strength. It also can protect the heart and strengthen bones. Read more below to learn about its health benefits.
- The Ostarine That I Recommend
- Health Benefits of Ostarine
- Caution and Side Effects
- Buy Ostarine
- Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
Ostarine, also known as enobosarm, is a selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM). SARMs bind to steroid hormone receptors and act similarly to the steroids that bodybuilders and athletes use [R].
It is usually taken to help increase muscle mass, but it can help treat osteoporosis and prevent heart failure [R].
The Ostarine That I Recommend
Health Benefits of Ostarine
1) Ostarine Increases Muscle Mass and Strength
In elderly men and women, enobosarm supplements increased muscle mass and physical function [R].
SARMs, especially enobosarm, have been shown to increase lean body mass as well as muscle mass in lung cancer patients [R].
Supplementation also increases muscle function with minimal side effects on other organs of the body [R].
In rats, enobosarm is quickly and completely absorbed, has high bioavailability, and can move through many pathways in the body, which makes it an ideal drug [R].
Athletes can also use Ostarine for their own benefits. Supplementation increases endurance, strength, and recovery [R].
2) Ostarine Helps Treat Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis can make bones brittle and weak, and it is a condition that affects many people. Enobosarm supplementation can help stimulate bone formation and strengthen the bones in our bodies [R].
As stated earlier, enobosarm can help increase muscle strength and muscle mass. The presence of healthy muscle tissues in the body can also help fasten bone fracture healing rates [R].
3) Ostarine Can Improve Heart Function
Cachexia can also affect heart function. Low muscle mass can increase heart problems and lead to poor function [R].
A Phase III clinical trial showed Ostarine can be used to improve muscle quality, which then results in better heart function [R].
It also reduced cholesterol levels on a dose-dependent basis [R].
4) Ostarine Improves Insulin Resistance
In postmenopausal women and elderly men, their insulin resistance lowered after they took daily doses of enobosarm. Their blood glucose levels also went down [R].
- Rats completely absorbed GTx-024, widely distributed it, biotransformed through several metabolic pathways, and eliminated in feces primarily as an unchanged drug [R].
- Compared with baseline, enobosarm significantly increased total lean body mass by day 113 (enobosarm 1 mg median 1·5 kg, range -2·1 to 12·6, p=0·0012; enodosarm 3 mg 1·0 kg, -4·8 to 11·5, p=0·046) [R].
- GTx-024 treatment resulted in dose-dependent increases in total lean body mass that were statistically significant (P < 0.001, 3 mg vs. placebo) and clinically meaningful [R].
- There were also significant improvements in physical function (P = 0.013, 3 mg vs. placebo) and insulin resistance (P = 0.013, 3 mg vs. placebo) [R].
Caution and Side Effects
The World Anti-Doping Agency banned SARMs because they can increase physical fitness and stamina. Professional athletes should not use Ostarine if they are competing [R].
The body tolerates Ostarine well and it most likely does not generate any drug-drug interactions [R].
Common side effects include headaches and back pain [R].
Ostarine is not an FDA approved drug and it hasn’t been out long enough to know all of the potential side effects, but it’s a good sign that the research hasn’t identified anything significantly bad.
IRC.bio is a great source for research chemicals. Although they don’t market to consumers, they currently don’t require that you validate that you’re a researcher.
- Buy Ostarine (IRC)
Health Tools I Wish I Had When I Was Sick
At SelfHacked, it’s our goal to offer our readers all the tools possible to get optimally healthy. When I was struggling with chronic health issues I felt stuck because I didn’t have any tools to help me get better. I had to spend literally thousands of hours trying to read through studies on pubmed to figure out how the body worked and how to fix it.
That’s why I decided to create tools that will help others cut down the guesswork:
- Lab Test Analyzer – a software tool that will analyze your labs and tell you what the optimal values are for each marker — as well as provide you with actionable tips and personalized health and lifestyle recommendations to help you get there.
- SelfDecode – a software tool that will help you analyze your genetic data from companies such as 23andme and ancestry. You will learn how your health is being impacted by your genes, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage.
- SelfHacked Secrets – an ebook where we examine and explain the biggest overlooked environmental factors that cause disease. This ebook is a great place to start your journey if you want to learn the essential steps to optimizing your health.
- SelfHacked Elimination Diet course – a video course that will help you figure out which diet works best for you
- Selfhacked Inflammation course – a video course on inflammation and how to bring it down
- Biohacking insomnia – an ebook on how to get great sleep
- Lectin Avoidance Cookbook – an e-cookbook for people with food sensitivities
- BrainGauge – a device that detects subtle brain changes and allows you to test what’s working for you
- SelfHacked VIP – an area where you can ask me (Joe) questions about health topics
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.
HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS ARTICLE?